Our website address is: https://newfasthealth.com.
The following section explains how and when newfasthealth collects personal data.
Information we collect
(1.) Information you voluntarily provide us
In order for the Service to function, we need to collect from you and process certain data and/or information about your person (“Personal Information“).
- Registration: lf you choose to create a newfasthealth account, you will be required to provide during the registration process certain information such as your name, email address and password. By default, some features of our Services will make your name always be visible to Users of the Service, but your password will always be kept secret.
- Other Personal Information: We may require that you provide other information that can be used to identify and/or contact a natural person, including a name, postal address, telephone number, and email address. Also, for some features, you may be invited or required to provide information relating to yourself, including for example, demographic information such as occupation, research vita, authorship of articles etc.
- Sensitive information: We do not collect sensitive information such as information about your race, political views, religious views, or health conditions.
(2) How we directly collect Personal Information
There are a number of ways in which we collect Personal Information from or about you. These may include, without limitation:
- At time of registration. When you register for the Service you will be required to provide Personal Information sufficient to establish a newfasthealth account.
- At time of creation user profile. After registering for the Service and creating an account, you may want to provide us with supplementary Personal Information to create a detailed user profile. You may be invited to associate certain information we present to you with your account.
- Communications from you. When you email or write to us, you may provide us with your name, contact details, and other Personal Information as part of your message.
- Customer Support. You may provide us with Personal Information when you telephone or email us to request technical assistance with the Service or information that you would like to receive about our services.
- E-Newsletters. We may contact you from time to time to share information about new services, promotions, or updates.
- Third party providers. When you choose to benefit from a service or offer presented by newfasthealth on behalf of a third party, you may share Personal Information with newfasthealth to enable us to pass it on to the third party.
(3)Information we collect automatically
It may occur that we collect and process information about your visit to this website, such as the pages that you visit and searches that you carry out. We use this information in order to be better able to adapt the content of the website to the needs of our customers and to prepare statistics about the individual use of the website for internal market analysis purposes. To this end, newfasthealth may install “cookies” which record your domain name, Internet service provider, operating system and the date and time at which you visit the website. A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to your browser and saved on the hard disk of your computer. Cookies cannot harm your computer. You can set your browser in such a way that a message on your screen displays the arrival of a cookie, so that you can decide whether or not the cookie should be installed on the hard disk. If you do not wish us to install cookies, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of your browser if you do not accept any cookies.
From time to time, we may use internet tags (also known as action tags, single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, invisible GIFs or 1-by-1 GIFs) and cookies on this website and allow these to be deployed by advertising and web service partners not belonging to the newfasthealth Group; these may be located abroad and store the respective information, including your IP address, outside Zambia. These tags and cookies are placed both in online advertisements which bring visitors to this website and on various pages on this website. We use this technology to measure user reaction to our web pages and the effect of our advertising campaigns (e.g. how often a page is opened, and which information is viewed), as well as to analyze your use of this website. These internet tags and cookies allow service partners to collect data on visitors to our website, to prepare reports on website activity for us and to provide other services related to the use of this website and the internet. They may pass on this information to third parties, if this is required by law, or if these third parties process the information on their behalf.
The information we automatically collect about you and your use of the Service includes:
- IP addresses
- the type of computer or mobile device you are using
- your operating system and version
- your mobile device’s identifiers, like your MAC Address, ldentifier for Advertising (IDFA), and/or International Mobile Equipment ldentity (IMEI)
- types of browser used
- your browser language
- referring and exit pages, and URLs
- platform type
- the number of clicks on a page or feature
- domain names
- landing pages accessed
- pages viewed and the order of those pages
- the amount of time spent on particular pages or parts of pages
- information collected for performance purposes (e.g. average load, render time of pages, etc.)
(4)Use of Google services
Newfasthealth reserves the right to use certain Google services, operated by Google, lnc., California, USA (“Google”). Google services may include Google Analytics, a web analytics service, Google Analytics Advertising Features, namely for remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, and integrated services that require Google Analytics to collect data via advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers, and Google’s DoubleClick Services. Any information generated by the cookies about your use of the Service (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States of America. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Service, compiling reports on website activity for us, and providing other services relating to website activity and Internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law. More information about Google’s data privacy and security can be found here. Please see Google’s page on ‘How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps’, and Google’s terms and policies for further information.
With respect to Google Analytics, the following additional safeguards apply: we have activated IP anonymization so that your IP address will be shortened by Google within the European Economic Area before the data is forwarded and stored in the USA; only in exceptional cases are IP addresses sent to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. Google will not combine your IP address collected via Google Analytics with other data that Google holds.
Intended use of Personal Information
For the services offered by newfasthealth, Personal Information do need to be provided. For example, your personal data could be used to supply you with information which you may find interesting, to communicate with you, or for other purposes, which we previously informed you about when you entered your Personal Information. All your Personal Information is processed in Zambia.
We use the Personal Information described above to:
- Enable you to benefit from the Service. We process your Personal Information in order to provide the Service.
- Conduct research. We conduct research and development for the improvement of our Service and the User experience. We also use your Personal Information to generate statistics which pertain to reading behavior or achievements. We also generate statistics in order to constantly improve the Service and its features.
- Communicate with you. We may use your Personal Information to communicate with you about newfasthealth and products or services by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means. lf you wish to stop receiving communications from us, you can follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email we send.
- Communicate with other Users. Personal Information may be used to allow you to communicate with other users or let other users reach out to you.
- Ensure the security of your Personal Information. We process your Personal Information in order to avoid its accidental or unlawful destruction, as well as its loss, alteration, or unauthorized disclosure. For example, we process the number of profile pages you view so as to detect and prevent data harvesting. Likewise, we truncate the last octet of your IP address to prevent you from being identified.
Privacy of Personal Information
Also, Personal Information may be made available to a third party if we are compelled to do so by legislation, judicial decision or government disposition, or if the data need to be disclosed in the context of a judicial or police investigation within or outside Zambia.
Security and confidentiality
In order to ensure the safety and confidentiality of the Personal Information that it records online, newfasthealth uses, among other things, data networks equipped with standardized firewalls and password protection. In addition, newfasthealth takes appropriate measures to protect your personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, public disclosure, alteration or destruction.
All pages are secured using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology, which encrypts data between our computer and your end devices. To make sure your Internet browser is using the latest security features, you may want to download the most recent version of it, which should have full SSL support.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your User ID and password which relate to your access to certain pages of the Service and/or any account you set up with us. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities which occur in relation to the same. You should not permit other people to use your User ID or your password. Please contact us promptly if you believe your User ID or password may have been compromised. We will not be responsible to you if there is unauthorized access to your login details or unauthorized activity on the Service as a result of your login details becoming known by someone else, unless this was due to our negligence.
Despite our efforts regarding security it is important to bear in mind that the Internet is not a secure means of communication. Personal Information communicated through the Internet may be intercepted by other people. We cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information sent to us through the Service. You accept that you use the Service at your own risk.
Right to information, rectification and deletion
Newfasthealth endeavours to ensure that the recorded Personal Information are at all times correct, current and reliable in respect of their intended use. You are entitled at all times to require that incorrect personal data be rectified. If you have questions regarding the use of your personal data or wish to object to the processing of your Personal Information, please contact newfasthealth. If such a case arises, please state the name of the website on which you entered your Personal Information, identify yourself and tell us which specific information you wish to have rectified, updated or deleted. Enquiries concerning deletion of personal data will be actioned in line with all applicable legal duties in respect of filing and retention of documents.
Personal information and children
The services offered on this website are dedicated only for healthcare professionals. Persons wishing to obtain information on medicinal products for children must be healthcare professionals and at least 18 years old. newfasthealth will not knowingly record, use or make known to third parties any personal data of children under the age of 18 without obtaining prior permission, through direct offline contact, from a person with parental custody (e.g. a parent or legal guardian). newfasthealth will (i) notify the person with parental custody of which personal data have been collected on the child and (ii) provide that person with the opportunity of prohibiting the recording, use or storage of the child’s personal data. newfasthealth undertakes to adhere strictly to the laws on child protection.
Links to other sites
Data subject rights
You may be entitled to exercise some or all of the following rights free of charge (such rights may vary depending on the requirements of the applicable legislation):
- require (i) information about whether your Personal Information is retained and (ii) access to and/or (iii) duplicates of your Personal Information retained, including the purposes of the processing, the categories of Personal Information concerned, and the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the Personal Information is disclosed and where possible, the envisaged period for which the Personal Information will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period;
- request proper rectification, removal, or restriction of your Personal Information, e.g. because (i) of the incomplete or inaccurate nature of the Personal Information, (ii) it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, (iii) the consent on which the processing was based has been withdrawn, or (iv) you have taken advantage of an existing right to object to the data processing; in case your Personal Information is processed by third parties, we will also forward your request for rectification , removal, or restriction to such third parties unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort;
- receive the Personal Information concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from our side; where technically feasible you shall have the right to have the Personal Information transmitted directly from us to another controller;
- refuse to provide and – without impact to data processing activities that have taken place before such withdrawal – withdraw your consent to processing of your Personal Information at any time;
- not to be subject to any automatic individual decisions (automatic decisions based on data processing by automatic means, for the purpose of assessing several personal aspects) which produce legal effects on you or similarly significantly affect you.
You may (i) exercise the rights referred to above or (ii) pose any questions or (iii) make any complaints regarding the data processing by contacting us.
Updated on July 26, 2022 in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).